Uptake and reporting by organisations includes:
- World Development Report 2010: Climate change and development. MoSSaiC included as a case study, page 327
- Aid effectiveness showcase, World Bank Main Complex, Washington DC 19th October 2011. ‘Partnerships for development’. MoSSaiC was one of twenty selected case studies.
- Latin America and Caribbean – Results in Action. ‘St Lucia from landslides to stability’ 2011.
- TEDx 2012 – World Bank Vice-President for sustainable development uses MoSSAiC example in her speech (minute 7.08) at the TEDx event in Sendai, Japan .
- Project Highlight from St Lucia, Eastern Caribbean: On the ground implementation of ex-ante landside hazard reduction. 2012
- Latin America and Caribbean, DRM website, World Bank. 2013
- GFDRR: St Lucia- Leaders in reducing landslide risk
- GFDRR: Upscaling plans for Mossaic to 8 countries: Empowering Communities to Reduce Landslide Risk 2015
- New York Times. 18th January 2010. MoSSaiC featured in an article entitled: Managing disasters with small steps.
- Caribbean 360 – News around the Caribbean. 12 June 2013. ‘St. Lucia is a “success story” for managing risk of landslides – World Bank.’
Institution of Civil Engineers (London):
- Anderson, M.G. and Holcombe, E.A. (2006) Sustainable landslide risk reduction in poorer countries. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Engineering Sustainability, 159: 23-30. Paper awarded the ICE, Trevithick Award, 2007.
- Changing Worlds Event. MoSSaiC invited lecture: Predicting and cutting landslide risk in developing countries. 13th October 2010.
- St Lucia. MoSSaiC incorporated in the National Landslide Response Plan (August 2006) pages 26-27.
- St Lucia: NTN TV St Lucia. 30 minute documentary commissioned ‘Stabilising slopes in St Lucia – the MoSSaiC project’. Government of St Lucia.
- Dominica. MoSSaiC uptake in Dominica reported in: Caribbean Regional Community revitalization and disaster mitigation program Final Report. March 2006 pages 23-25. USAID
- ‘Mossaic: Community-based landslide risk reduction’ A three minute introduction to the Mossaic methodology, with >3200 views since February 2013
- ‘Community-based landslide risk reduction: Managing disasters in small steps’, authored by Malcolm Anderson and Liz Holcombe, and published by the World Bank Washington DC. 2013 on January 22nd 2013 (ISBN 978-0-8213-9456-4), has been in the World Bank Open Knowledge Repository Top 100 list (out of >10,000) for page view and downloads from 28 February 2013 to date. Download the pdf and read as an e-book (444 pages).
- Book launch held on 15th March 2013 hosted by The Africa, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States, the World Bank Latin America Disaster Risk Management & Urban unit and the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery at ACP House, Avenue Georges Henri, 451, 1200 Brussels.
- Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States, 2011. Review of Community-based DRM in OECS Volume I, July5 2011
- Mossaic awarded Grand Prize at Random Hacks of Kindness#1 software programming event at Microsoft, Washington DC, 5th and 6th June 2010.
- AGU Blogosphere 2010 ‘Predicting and cutting landslide risk in developing countries’
- Savethehills, Kalimpong, Darjeeling district, W. Bengal, India. 2013. World Bank book on community based landslide risk reduction.
- AGU Blogosphere 2013 A new free landslide resource community based landslide risk reduction managing disasters in small steps
- we have been awarded >US$6 Million for low cost community based landslide risk construction
- risk reduction projects have been undertaken in 4 Countries in the Eastern Caribbean [British Virgin Islands, Dominica, St. Lucia and St Vincent and the Grenadines] involving 12 communities
- we have hosted site project visits from international agencies including World Bank, Organisiation of Eastern Caribbean States [OECS], United Nations Development Programme [UNDP], Caribbean Development Bank and US Agency for International Development [USAID]